- On April 1, 2020
On March 31, 2020, the American Planning Association’s Texas Chapter announced this year’s winners of recognition as a Great Place in Texas. Building on the model of national APA’s program, this effort focuses on places in Texas that “exemplify exceptional character and highlight the role planners and planning play in creating communities of lasting value”. This is the third year of the Texas program, and this year six places were recognized:
- Bishop Arts District in Dallas – certainly one of my favorites and the one I visit most often!
- Downtown Harlingen in Harlingen
- Travis Park in San Antonio
- Southlake Town Square in Southlake
- Santa Fe Plaza and Market Trail in Temple
- Oak Street in Downtown Roanoke
You can read more about all these places on the APA Texas website. Congratulations to these communities, the planners and the many other stakeholders who are part of these successes!